With the continuous advancement of new 5G infrastructure, the number of 5G base stations has increased rapidly. At present, the number of 5G base stations in operation in China has reached 250,000, and the number of 5G base stations is expanding at a rate of 10,000 new ones every week. The huge changes in 5G base stations have fully benefited the base station supply chain. Industrial Securities said that the demand for 5G antennas for 5G base stations is expected to reach 13.5 million, and the price of 5G antennas will reach three times that of 4G. The overall market of 5G antenna for base station is expected to reach 81 billion yuan.
The opening of the 100 billion market has enabled the 5G smart antenna company to achieve their peak performance in the past two years. However, there are few 5G smart antenna companies with certain R&D strength, large production capacity and international competitiveness. As competition intensifies, 5G smart antenna companies urgently need to improve their competitiveness.
(1) In order to meet the business needs of high frequency band, high speed and large capacity, 5G base stations must have four characteristics: new architecture, new design, new frequency band, and new 5G antenna. Due to the adoption of higher 5G frequency bands and Massive-MIMO technology, 5G antenna arrays have become smaller in size and greatly increased in number. Array 5G antennas integrate oscillators, PCBs and filters.
(2) The 4G period is dominated by 4 channels, and the 5G antenna channel will be expanded to 64 channels. Research data shows that in the 4G era, base station antennas generally have 10 to 40 antenna elements, and the number of single-sided 5G antenna elements will reach 128 to 256. To achieve effective coverage of 5G base stations, the number will reach 1.5 to 2 times that of the 4G era. In addition, the total size of 5G antennas in the 5G period will be 4.5 to 8 times that of 4G.
(3) At the same time, 5G antennas need to meet the characteristics of high frequency, high speed, and large traffic transmission. Technological difficulty and antenna material increase the value of the antenna. The cost of 4G base station antenna is about 800 to 1000 yuan/pair, while the cost of 5G base station antenna is estimated to be 3000 to 4000 yuan/pair, so the unit price of 5G antenna is 3 to 4 times that of 4G.
(4) The innovation of 5G base station architecture has brought about a butterfly effect in the market. In this regard, GF Securities believes that as the number of channels increases, the demand for antenna oscillators for a single base station also increases.
(5) With the rapid expansion of the scale of 5G base stations, it is clear that this number will continue to rise.
(1) The development of the 5G era will lead the continuous development of the Internet of Things. The application performance goals of 5G antennas are high data rate, reduced delay, energy saving, cost reduction, system capacity improvement and large-scale device connection. New application scenarios will make the impossible possible.
(2) 5G mobile communication technology opens up many new application field of 5G antenna of the fifth generation mobile communication technology.
For these areas, previous mobile data transmission is not fast enough. The 5G antenna network has high speed and low latency, and for the first time meets the requirements of consumers for telepresence and even telesurgery.