The computer company founded by Nolan Bushnell in 1972, the early pioneer of arcade, home video game consoles and home computers, the same time with the Japanese Nintendo brand of game consoles. This Atari VCS is manufactured by Fei Xu Electronics (Suzhou), one of the world's top 20 professional electronics manufacturing service providers, headquartered in Paris, France, which has the honor to be the designated antenna supplier for Atari.
Indoor WIFI using hotspot signal, small attenuation during propagation, propagation distance farther, less interference, good stability, signal receiving and transmitting distance diameter 50M and other requirements, synchronization in the early stage of terminal product design supporting the development of antenna.
Challenge: to achieve small attenuation in the propagation process, propagation distance farther, less interference, good stability, while meeting these requirements ultimately increased the difficulty of the engineer's design.
WIFI 2.4G, advantages: low frequency, the propagation process of attenuation is small, the propagation distance is farther; disadvantages: the band is narrower, due to the sharing of 2.4G band with other devices, easy to be interfered with. wifi5g, advantages: wider band, interference is small, better stability; disadvantages: higher frequency, the propagation process of attenuation is large, the coverage is larger.
1. Discuss with Atari product design engineers and reach a consensus result, the WIFI2.4G antenna is adjusted to WIFI 2.4G/WIFI 5G dual frequency to solve the shortcomings of single low frequency and single high frequency dual aspect.
2. The end product synchronously replaces the single low frequency 2.4G transmitter-receiver module chip with a dual frequency transmitter-receiver module chip.
3. The customer provides the original product model (including shell, finished circuit board), circuit diagram of all circuit boards, mechanical assembly diagram and plastic shell material.
3.According to the above materials, we will simulate the antenna and design the antenna for the engineer according to the actual environment.
4. The antenna position is determined and the space given by the structural engineer, for this reason we define the antenna size at 31.5*10.7MM in length and width.
5. The use of engraving machine let the engineer shorten the development time greatly, and successfully finished the antenna sample delivery within a week, with up to 5.8DB gain and 77% efficiency, meeting all the customer's needs.
The customer has successfully brought the product to market and has achieved sales of 100,000 units.